You can therefore imagine my excitement when I do find something to eat on the menu that ticks every single box for me. My delight came on my recent visit to Selfridges, from their in-house French restaurant Aubaine. On their menu was no ordinary salad, they had a Supersalad - which provided me with lots of the things I need to include into my daily diet (Priced very reasonably at £9).
Aubaine's food, service and restaurant was fantastic, a must for any of you on your next visit to Selfridges. You can check out their website here.
So inspired by this salad, I decided to make a little extra effort the following day for lunch and create my own - I was very happy with it and it looked and tasted fabulous. Yes it took a little longer to make than just "chucking" it all into a bowl, but I really enjoyed eating it too! So here's what I did and hopefully you might have a go yourself.
- Fillet of Salmon (Place on foil that has been greased lightly with olive oil, add a couple of slices of lemons, sprinkle of thyme and then add a few drops of either milk or white wine - wrap the foil so that you make a parcel place in a hot oven for 15-20 mins - be careful when opening as lots of steam will come out!)
- Butternut Squash (Cut up a single portion into small dices cubes - place in a hot oven with olive oil and roast for approx 20-25 mins)
- Cherry tomatoes - slice in two
- Cucumber - chopped
- Sugarsnap peas - chopped
- Sweetcorn - (I used tinned - just a few spoonfuls)
- Pomegranates (I underestimated how much time it takes to get them out! Allow a good 15 mins in your timings, but they add a real freshness to the salad)
For Loved by Lizzi nutrition and well-being posts you can now find them all on one page called Lifestyle, click here to view
You can get more updates of Loved by Lizzi by following on Twitter or Instagram!