This is one trend you can easy get on board with and it's not going to break the bank. And if you get it wrong, pass it on to a girlfriend and find another one that may suit you better. The classic is the simple black velvet band - you can get these super thin or super wide. Perfect for evening wear but looks just as great daytime with a denim shirt.
There are lots of styles to chose from and most high street stores from Topshop, H&M, River Island to Accessorize are selling them from as little as £6. Here are a few hints and tips to help you out:
- Do consider the neckline of your top in relation to where you wear the choker - you need to give it some space - try a v-neck or scoop neck tee
- Instant glam for a night out - opt for simple black or metallic like silver or gold
- If you do opt for black velvet - you hitting two trends this season!
- Try a choker that's been accessorised with either extended beads, a second necklace or if they are super thin wear more than one at once
- Don't wear them too tight, not only for comfort but there is nothing glam about a red neckline!
- Adopt the more dainty look for daytime super chic fun.
Fans of the Real Housewives of Cheshire will know model Misse Beqiri, and she sports the choker trend a lot, check out her instagram page for inspiration on how to wear this trend.
|MISSÉ BEQIRI (via Instagram)|
WHAT I WORE
The one I wore in the picture above is from Topshop, a velvet black choker for £6
I've also opted for a thin brown cord choker with a gold heart - I've yet to wear it as I only got it this Sunday in London. It's going to be a great to wear daytime with a tee and jeans.